Monday, May 23, 2011

You say, you want a R3volution!!!

Well, the peaceful gathering of hands went very well I would say. I got a chance to network with some people in the Pittsburgh area whom are artists, filmmakers, and musicians all focused on promoting a peaceful global society as well as a culturally flourishing one. There was free food throughout the gathering and furthermore groups of people dedicated to transition our cyclically consumptive and materialistic world into a more ecologically friendly, sustainable, and humane society. Speaking of such, listen to this track by my friend, I have been talking to him quite a bit lately and he just finished this track and I find it extremely relevant to what I just stated.

Apathy by Extract

This track is really cool!!

Warships by Dark MatteR



So I am taking a bit more initiation in my activism to assist massive societal and global change. A while back my friend Will Fleming started The Zeitgeist Movement Pittsburgh chapter. After a while he changed his political/social dispositions. Therefore, he withdrew from being the leader of the Pittsburgh chapter. I have made the decision to become the new Pittsburgh leader hence starting up weekly meetings for TZM Pittsburgh. Furthermore, I am going to generalize my blog and really broaden what my blog is.

I think a great way to start TZM Pittsburgh is to collectively brainstorm goals and follow through with each one of them. My goals are such:

1. Create a broad network of members in Pittsburgh who are willingly going to involve themselves in what we can DO locally to initiate change.

2. Exponentially increase the network

3. Iniatiate projects relating to proper education, environmental awareness, protection, and regeneration and so on and so forth.

4. Diligently remain connected as a group; frequent group discussions on the internet, and frequent group meetings.

5. PUSH for change

Anyway, I hope you all can help me out :)

TZM PITTSBURGH FACEBOOK PAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment