Monday, May 16, 2011

Today is an Interesting DAY! Interview with Bit Glitch!

Today I am doing an interview with Bit Glitch, if you aren't already familiar with him here is his sound cloud.

http://soundcloud.com/bitglitch

Here is his Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/bitglitch

Ok, HERE WE GO!

Q: How would you describe your music? How would you descibe both your method and and attitude towards producing electronic music?

A:The music I make is mostly dubstep and drumstep, mixed with some 8bit video games synths. I like my bass lines heavy and filthy, but I can't have them without some old school video game melodies. I try to give my songs some sort of flow, something that you could dance to if you wanted to. For the majority of my music I use Ableton and Fruity Loops, but am not limited to those 2 programs.


Q: How long have you been producing?


A: I've been working on learning how to produce music for roughly 8 months now. The past 3 months though, I've been working on overdrive


Q: What inspired you to make electronic music?


A: Well, I've been making music my whole life. Started playing drums when I was just a little kid, but I never got the idea to make EDM until I went to a rave with my buddy out in the middle of a forest. I sort of had an epiphany while I was there, that I could be doing what the DJ's there were doing, that it didn't look too hard.


Q: How is the electronic music scene in your area?


A: There wasn't one at all! That is until my buddy Jynx and I (with help from lots of people!) set up our cities first Dubstep event back in April. It did extremely well though. We will at least be having 1 or 2 events a month now.


Q: What would you say is the most popular sub genre in your area?


A: Well, since there's never really been an EDM scene here, a lot of the people here have only got to listen to dubstep and a little bit of electro house. I'd say dubstep is the most popular genre here.


Q: Are you strongly connected within your local community of producers and djs? Nationally? Internationally?


A: I'd say I'm pretty connected with my local community. I talk to almost every artist that's anywhere from around here. I have DJ/Producer friends spread all across the country, whether it be Jersey, North Carolina, Florida, or New York. Internationally, I've made friends with a lot of helpful people, mostly from the UK.


Q: Do you feel that the uprising of technology via the internet via sound cloud could spark a possible cultural revolution being sound cloud is a growing community of producers that produce their music out of shear ambition and not for the purpose of monetary gain?


A: Hasn't it already? I made my start on Soundcloud and find it to be amazing ! Soundcloud motivates many great artist to make music, and seem to be growing every day. If you aren't using it, I don't know what you're doing haha.


Q: How many shows have you played? Any festivals?


A: Well, seeing as I started to learn how to DJ at the same time I started to produce, it hasn't been too long. I've held off from doing any gigs in the beginning, because I wanted to focus solely on getting better at making music, and actually getting my music out there. I want to be able to play my own music, not someone else's. I just did my first event in April, and currently have 3 booked in the next 2 months.


Q: What other producers do you admire in the current electronic music scene?


A: I'd have to say my favorites right now are, J. Rabbit, Helicopter Showdown, Getter, NiT GriT, Doctor P, Roksonix, Funtcase, and Figure. and KhemehK!


Q: Do you agree with me that dubstep really is a special genre because it has become so versatile and is increasingly so?


A:I think Dubstep is a special genre, it's also a new genre that's trying to find it's place. I think it will keep evolving until it finds that perfect spot.



Q: Would you say your strengths lie in mixing or producing?


A: I'd say producing. It's been my main focus the past few months, but now that I'm almost done with my album that's dropping next month (hopefully) I will be starting to mix more and do more shows.


Q: Have you collaborated with any other producers? If not, do you plan to?


A: I haven't yet, but on my upcoming album there are 5 producers doing remixes for me. I'm currently working with KhemehK on a track that's being released on a separate EP, and it's coming along great! I have plans to work with MANY artists in the near future.


Q: What are you working on currently that is not released yet to sound cloud?


A: Well, I'm working on all the songs dropping on my album: "I Don't Give A Fuck", "I Shoot Lazers", "Glitch It", "Beast", and another that I just started. I'm also working on remastering my Androidz tracks and releasing a VIP for those. Working on a new Donnie Darko themed song, and another one themed around the Evil Dead/Army of Darkness movies. I'm also doing a collab with KhemehK that we just started, and already it's amazing !


Q: What equipment do you use to DJ?


A: To DJ, I do most of my work on my APC and Ableton. I also used my Axiom 49 keyboard, but I will be replacing that in future shows with some new equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment